Sunday, September 20, 2015

blogPost3: People Watching

People Watching
Location: Beachwood Mall



Descriptions
1. Old man wearing flannel while walking alone
2. Middle age couple holding hands. No rings on their fingers.
3. Group of young girls, maybe middle school age. Walking around mall
4. Man holding a bag. Walking with a little child.
5. Man in suit, walking with a computer bag into the Microsoft store.

Interpretations
1. Possibly a father/grandfather. Wiser than other people?
2. Couple at the mall on a date perhaps.
3. Group of friends enjoying their weekend.
4. More than likely the child's father.
5. Maybe a businessman. Appears intelligent.

After maybe 15 minutes of sitting on the bench, I really began to think about the people in which I observed. For instance, my above descriptions had been the only thing going through my mind at the time. But then, my mind began to create interpretations of the people in which I saw. However, it is not in my beliefs that this is a good thing. I like many people, think things about people based on their looks, rather than getting to know them. This same case occurs in classrooms by lazy teachers. Instead of getting to know their students, teachers sometimes base interpretations off of looks instead of learning who their audience truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment